Anita Petrie A.Petrie at
Mon Jun 3 21:10:14 EST 1996

In article <mgarcia-3105960955210001 at>,
mgarcia at says...
>Hi, we our a couple of Mt. Shasta High School Students doing a Biology
>report.  We are looking for research/information on trees.  Our reports
>have to do with planting, thinning and spacing of trees per acre in a
>forest.  How does thinning effect a trees growth?  My report is based
>mainly on Pondarosa Pines. And, How does spacing effect a trees growth?
>If you could send us some information we would really appreciate it.
>Thanks a lot.
>Kami Gray
>Mandy Garcia

If you are interested in an agroforestry  point of view you might want to
check out the agroforestry newsgroup, and also try to find some journal
articles about the "Nelder Wheel' which is a field trial to determine the
optimum spacing between trees that gives best growth in both the pasture/crop
and the trees.

otherwise check out your local/state forestry department they would have
everything you need