Conditions for Halesia monticola

Andy Phillips andy.phillips at
Tue Jun 4 04:20:47 EST 1996

I have a Halesia monticola (snowberry) in my garden (Bristol, England),
that has never looked very happy. The leaves are very pale green, with a
yellow margin. My best guess is that it doesn't like the soil type -
my soil is well-cultivated clay over coal measures, about pH 6.5-7. Does
anyone know the pH optimum for this plants, or any other suggestions for
cheering it up?

Andy Phillips
 Home   : andy at     : IACR Long Ashton Research Station
 Phone  : +44-1275-549257            : Long Ashton
 Fax    : +44-1275-394281            : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK
 WWW    :