Two New FWS Servers and Redesigned Service Home Page

carrie_walter at mail.fws.gov carrie_walter at mail.fws.gov
Wed Jun 5 10:18:51 EST 1996

June 5, 1996

Hi Folks,

I am pleased to announce that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has launched
two new World Wide Web servers.  This effort supports our goal of sharing our
data and information.

The World Wide Web servers, and their url's (addresses), are:

Alaska Region (Region 7)

http://www.fws.gov/~r7hpirm/

Walnut Creek National Wildlife Refuge

http://www.fws.gov/~r3pao/wnthom.html

You can access these sites directly at the url's listed above, or you can access
them through the newly redesigned U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Home Page at

http://www.fws.gov/

We have redesigned our main server, so please check it out.  The redesign was
done for several reasons.  After being online for 20 months, we learned who our
audiences are.  From hundreds of email messages we learned the strengths and
weaknesses of our old design.  Also, we found that our old design, based on lists,
was inadequate as the amount of information we were serving grew. Hope you
enjoy it.

Thanks.  ...al

Alan R. Fisher
National Data Administrator