Help with experimental lighting

Krista Nelson biotune at uncc.campus.mci.net
Mon Jun 10 14:02:24 EST 1996

I am conducting an experiment in which  I need to grow a fescue grass in a
closed reactor.  The literature says that I need 740 micromoles/sec meter
squared of photosynthetic lighting.  I have tried a bank of 4 florescent
lights but only get 131.  I have read   about monochromatic lighting and
sodium vapor.  Any suggestions about who sells this lighting?  Any other
lighting suggestions that may be easier/cheaper to try?  I need to measure
gas exchanges so the lights can not give off much heat.  Any assistance
would be appreciated .  Thanks