Ficus deltoides

Clinton Morse ebgadm01 at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Mon Jun 17 08:49:30 EST 1996

In article <4ps04e$e44 at acmex.gatech.edu>,
   tm37 at prism.gatech.edu (Thomas J. Merchant) wrote:
>Several years ago I came across a tree in a greenhouse which I believe
>was named _Ficus deltoides_. It was similar to the Weeping fig, _Ficus
>(exact species escapes me right now)_, in trunk and branch form, but the
>leaves were tri-angular shaped, and somewhat thick.
>
>Because it struck such a lasting impression, and have not seen it in any
>nursery or greenhouse since, I was wondering if anyone knows of its
>availability and/or suitability as an indoor plant.

Thomas, the plant you are probably referring to is _Ficus deltoidea_, the
mistletoe rubber plant.  It grows exceptionally well in the conservatory and
should do well in most interiors as well.  More info is available at:

http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/acc_num\880034.htm

Visit the homepage for our botanical greenhouse collections to access search
engines and menus to more than 3200 species in 160 plus families. Limited
pictures at this time, sorry...

(Including Gnetum, Welwitcshia and Ephedra (re: recent posting) - but sorry,
can't spare any plant material on those.)

http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/

Also interested in reciprocal trading of botanically interesting species with
other research and educational institutions - contact me directly...

Clinton Morse, EEB Greenhouse Manager, University of Connecticut
email: ebgadm01 at uconnvm.uconn.edu