Don Burns donburns at
Sat Jun 22 22:41:57 EST 1996

In article <5KOQ5JAab8yxEwLx at>, Edward Cowling <edward at>

> I tend to buy plants because I like them, and worry about taking care of
> them later. I just bought the following :-
> Cycas
> revoluta (sagopalm)

Fist of all, don't be misled by the name - its not a palm at all, but a
Cycad, one of the old living relics known to man.  It does best in a
tropical environment but does OK elsewhere if kept warm and watered.  The
plant is VERY slow growing, even in the best of environments.  Try
searching the web for this one.  You'll probably get lots of hits on
keyword CYCAD

Don Burns           <donburns at> or <epur01 at>
Plantation, FL