Agrobacterium newsgroup?

Jeff Velten jvelten at mail.csrl.ars.usda.gov
Wed Jun 26 03:59:07 EST 1996

Just another request for info on alternative newsgroups - does anyone
know of a newsgroup dedicated to useful info on the use and care of
plasmids and bacterial strains used in Agrobacterium-based plant
genetic transformation systems.  I have tried bionet.mol bio tecniques
with little success.  Thanks in advance.

PS:  a more detailed question - has anyone come up with a set of PCR
primers directed to conserved regions of either the Ti plasmid
(non-TDNA) or the Agro genome?  Specifically, I would like a universal
primer set that can be used to probe transgenic plant tissue(s) for
contaminating Agro.