Transplant Stress

Cameron cameron at connectnet.net.au
Tue Jun 25 23:43:13 EST 1996

I am looking into ways in which to reduce the stress involved in the
procedure of transplanting seedlings.  In Australia we have a rate of up
to seventy percent loss of native seedlings when being transplanted and
any reduction in this number would have significant benefits.  We are
currently looking into the production of a biodegradable container which
could be directly planted (like Jiffy pots) without the subsequent
constriction of the roots which many of the current products appear to
produce.  There is limited information available and therefore ANY
ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.