Rubiaceae

Larry Daley daleyl at bcc.orst.edu
Thu Jun 27 13:35:33 EST 1996

Jennifer:

Did you get may last post? Mitracarpus is also a genus found in Cuba;
however Atila Bohiri (see reference in last post) does not list M. hirta,
but does list M. acunae, M. depuperatus, M. glabrescens and M.
squarrosus.  M. acunae is a shrub found in the highest slopes of the
Sierra Maestra.  Try Keven D. Fliken, Missouri Botanical gardens
<flicken at mobot.org> to see if it is in Flora Mesoamericana (cc above)

Several friends and I are trying to get a group (not in cc above) together
to promote reforestation in Cuba after Castro leaves, since, by this and
My family holds title to areas in rainforest and although we do not have
access right now, we are very serious about this and about preservation of
Cuba's very diverse plant germplasm.

best wishes

larry daley