Passiflora Society: where?

Phil Schappert philjs at yorku.ca
Sat Jun 29 10:02:06 EST 1996

d_micro at ix.netcom.com(Michael L Roginsky ) wrote:

>egriffin at shadow.net (Ed Griffin) writes:
>>I THINK I saw a notice - a few weeks ago - of a newly formed Society
>>devoted to the passion flowers. Could someone please tell me whom I
>can contact to join?
>>Thank you -
>
>Hi.......I went as far as joining the "club" for $15.00 and haven't
>seen anything of it. May have been a scham...........! Micro.

Ed & Michael,

Passiflora Society International is neither new or a "scam" (wonderful
things those spell checkers...). P.S.I. was formed in 1990 and currently
has more than 300 members. There have been some problems in the past,
particularly where the newsletter is concerned, but I can assure you that
these problems are now past history (I'm the newsletter editor). Vol. 6(1)
was sent to members in early June and Vol. 6(2) is now at the printers and
should be issued by mid-July. Vol. 6(3) will come out, on schedule, in
September.

Michael - How long ago did you join? If you only joined 3 or 4 weeks ago
(which I suspect) then why are you complaining (especially publically)? If
it's been longer than 2 months then please e-mail me and we'll see about
fixing it since you should have received Vol. 6(1) of the newsletter. You
DO have my e-mail address I know, so a private query would have been more
suitable - dissing an organization, in public, to an interested prospective
member is bad form, to say the least.

Ed - If you're still interested <g>, then please contact me at
PHILJS at YORKU.CA and I'll set you up with the membership info.
Please ignore the preceding diatribe...

Phil

---
Phil Schappert