Help wanted with epidermis

Ricardo Jorge Lopes riclopes at gemini.ci.uc.pt
Sat Mar 9 00:30:06 EST 1996

Hello

I'm doing my master in Roe deer diet and I'm trying to make a reference
collection of epidermis of every kind of plant eaten by them, in order to
analyse their faeces.

I tryed to isolate epidermis using cromic and nitric acid to make an acid
digestion.

But, I run into some problems. For each kind of plant different times of
digestion are needed, and for some plants this doesn't work.

I would like to know if someone knows another method to achieve good
definitive epidermis preparations because I can´t find another in all the
bibliography I have.

If someone could help, I would appreciate very much,
Thank you for your attention.

Ana Mafalda Faria
Instituto Ambiente e Vida
Universidade de Coimbra