HELP! mineral deficiencies

K N and P J Harris ecoli at cix.compulink.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 11:39:56 EST 1996

> ==========
> bionet/plants #606, from 101517.743 at CompuServe.COM, 836 chars, 6 Mar
1996 20:11:37
> ----------
> Article: 9121 of bionet.plants
> From: Nasreen Cullen <101517.743 at CompuServe.COM>
> Newsgroups: bionet.plants
> Subject: HELP! mineral deficiencies
> Date: 6 Mar 1996 20:11:37 GMT
>
> I am doing an individual study for A level biology.  I am looking
> for information on past experiments on effects of mineral
> deficiencies in plants.  I also need quotes for my introduction!
> Does anyone know of anything that I might find useful or have any
> information I can use?
> If so I would appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks.
> Nasreen.
>
> --
> N.cullen
Yes,
You find, or get your local library to find (interlibrary loan - your
teacher will have told you about it - or should be making trials of
their resignation letter) - a book called "Russell's Soil Conditions and
Plant Growth" 11th edition if possible, Published by Longmans.
That will give you most of the information you require, including loads
of references. It may be tough reading but then good "A" levels were not
meant to be given away with packets of tea.
If, having read the appropriate bits thoroughly, you are still having
problems, contact me on P.J.Harris at reading.ac.uk

Dr Peter Harris,
Department of Soil Science (the only one in the UK),
The University of Reading,