Old.. Older... Oldest fruits - web page

Joseph Postman postmanj at ava.bcc.orst.edu
Wed Mar 13 18:03:38 EST 1996

- What's Old is What's New -

  This month's featured plants on our web page include some of the
repository's senior citizens.  What is the oldest pear variety or currant
variety still growing today?  Select the 'What's New...' link at:

	http://www.ars-grin.gov/ars/PacWest/Corvallis/ncgr

  If you know about *ancient* pear or small fruit cultivars growing in the
U.S. that are not in the repository collection - we would love to hear
from you.  Also, if there are ancient cultivars in our collection that we
have left out of the old-plant story please let us know.  We have many very
old cultivars from Asia and Eastern Europe whose histories we do not know.

Joseph

            ***   To Boldly Grow What No One Has Grown Before   ***
		    (or at least not for a very long time)
       Joseph D. Postman        |       N ational             /
      -PLANT PATHOLOGIST-       |       C lonal             / \   Eat More
     postmanj at bcc.orst.edu      |       G ermplasm         /   \   Fruit!
       corjp at ars-grin.gov       |       R epository        \ _ /