Rhubarb

Michael L Roginsky d_micro at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 25 16:56:49 EST 1996

In <315123FB.41D at junction.net> Amberose <mharris at junction.net> writes:

>Hello,
>I am interested in planting alot of Rhubarb. My friend who owns a goat

>farm thinks I should put lots of her goat manure mixed with straw in
the
>garden to make it ready. The soil does have a lot of clay. How can I
grow
>good healthy rhubarb?  Suggestions?
>And where can a person get the Strawberry Rhubarb variety? I've been
>looking in backyards everywhere.
>                       Thanks Amberose.....PS does it grow from seed?

Feed the soil and it will feed you....that's the 1st law in organic
gardening. Rhubarb contains an alkaloyed and cannot be eaten unless it
has been cooked. The stems make fine fillings for pies. It is a
rhizome, so I imagine that it would be reproduced/planted in that
manner. I never saw rhubarb flower! Micro, not a microbe!