web sites

Roger Whitehead rwhitehead at cix.compulink.co.uk
Mon May 6 05:31:36 EST 1996

> Pardon my ignorance Roger. What is a Gaia hypothesis? I am an avionics
> engineer........:) Micro.

Well, if you'll accept an (ex) automobile engineer's version.  8-)

As I understand it, the Gaia 'hypothesis' is the notion that the Earth
itself is an organism - sensate and purposeful - that exhibits
homeostasis or some form of self-healing. To me the idea sounds like
animism writ large, but it has an appeal to the sentimentally green
personality.

No doubt someone will correct me if I have misrepresented the
proposition.

Roger

Roger Whitehead,
14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
Tel: +44 (0)1883 713074; Fax: +44 (0)1883 716793
.