Cassava

Michael L Roginsky d_micro at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 7 17:03:45 EST 1996

In <55rtd6$coj at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> egrunden at prairienet.org (Eric
Grunden) writes:

>Approximately how long after "planting" should cassava
>be harvested? Does cassava form a true tubor?
>
>					Thanks........
>
>--
>The Spirit of Nature, a powerful force,
>	belongs and returns to its creative source.
>- Excerpted from The Collective Works of Johnny Pokerface -

Yes, cassava forms a tuber covered with a brownish skin. It is used in
the Amazon as potato substitute. If I remember it takes about four
months from planting, using the slash/burn technique common in that
region. It is also made into pies. The plant itself is tall, about six
feet. It is a stem hollow in the middle. That's about all I
remember....:) Micro.