World food.

Kirk Nechamkin knechamk at panix.com
Wed Nov 13 21:00:31 EST 1996

S A Croft (S.A.Croft at shef.ac.uk) wrote:
: It has been suggested to me that there are enough crop plants grown
: world-wide to feed the entire population of the Earth, and the only

I have heard that there are enough crop plants grown in the U.S. to
sustain 1/4 of the world population.

: reason that food shortages occur are due to distribution problems.

Well, what can you do when 5 million people are starving 8000 miles
away? Continually jet tons and tons of food over, only to cause an
even greater dependance due to population expansion?

-Kirk