gingko nuts

Beverly Erlebacher bae at
Tue Nov 19 10:10:16 EST 1996

In article <56f007$1ds at> Carol Hanny <channy at> writes:
>Does anyone have any information or experience with ginkgo nuts.  I know
>the "fruit" on the outside smells, already had experience with that.  I
>found a bunch of them, but am hesistant.  Any information would be

The seeds are a delicacy in Chinese cuisine.  One traditional way of
getting rid of the noxious-smelling "fruit" coating is to bury them
for a few days.  The smelly part (which is not really fruit) rots off
leaving clean seeds which can be washed and shelled.

Beverly Erlebacher
Toronto, Ontario Canada