Plants from Jamaica

denmarel at IX.NETCOM.COM denmarel at IX.NETCOM.COM
Fri Nov 29 17:49:02 EST 1996

Hi,

A friend recently returned from a  trip to Jamaica with the names of some of
the plants he saw that interested him.  One name: Thumbergia, I
suspect was Thunbergia or Clock Vine. The others have me stumped and
are not listed in my available references.

If anyone  recognizes any of these names and has any info about them
to share it would be greatly appreciated:

Higo trafalger
Travelers or Turning Palm
Exuria
Museandra africa  (My quess was Musaceae, but beyond that I could
                              find no reference)

Thank you for your time.

Den
"...activity that delays for a while recognition of its own
futility may not be altogether futile..."  Robert M. Adams