houseplants and cat?

student_10 at student_10 at
Mon Oct 7 21:57:14 EST 1996

In article <531trq$f6l at>, agometz at says...
>James Griggs (jmgriggs at wrote:
>: [ Article crossposted from ]
>: [ Author was James Griggs ]
>: [ Posted on 29 Sep 1996 18:31:17 GMT ]
>: What plants are the definite no-no for a houselhold with one very
>: cat?
>        Some time ago I had to remove a very pretty dwarf azalea from my
>house because one cat kept chewing on it and then getting sick.  At the
>time I did some research and found a very long list of toxic plants (e.g.
>Dieffenbachia sp.); unfortunately I can't find it now, but I bet your
>librarian could.
>                Anne Gometz
>                agometz at
>                Tallahassee Florida

I am also interested in aquiring a list of toxic house plants. I have
a cat that chews on plants from time to time. It seems that only some
of the plants makes the cat sick. The list of toxic house plants
would make it possible for me to rid my inside garden of these plants.

M. Fillyaw