Unknown sickness of Dieffenbacchia

Anne Gillen ez049617 at boris.ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 18 20:43:59 EST 1996

Agnes Archaud (agnesa at odyssee.net) wrote:
: I purchased a Dieffenbachia "Tropic Snow" about ten days ago. Since
: about day 2 some droplets of what seems to be sap oozing out of the
: leaves (only) have started to appear.  When described to the florist,
: she gave me advice on how to treat for spidermite which by my book
: doesn't seem to be what is taking place.  Anybody has any idea of what
: is going on here?  If so please send suggestions to agnesa at odyssee.net.
: Thanks.

--
Where is it oozing?  There is a phenomena whereby water is pushed out of
leaves by the pressure of the water in the soil.  It is harmless if that

Anne