Christmas Cactus

Joanne Koch jkoch at usgs.gov
Mon Oct 28 08:14:54 EST 1996

We have a very old Christmas Cactus, approximately 25 to 30 years old. The plant
has always done great, full of flowers every year. The main stem of the plant is
several inches thick and the full diamater of the plant is approx. 3+ feet. For
some reason, very suddenly, the plant seems to be dying. The leaves are
shriveling quickly. However, the plant is full of flower blossems. We have
changed nothing about the care of the plant. Any ideas about what could be
wrong? And what to do to save it?