Help with Ficus tree

Paul Hackett pgh2z at virginia.edu
Mon Sep 23 11:37:48 EST 1996

Hi.

A friend recently gave me a Bodhi tree (ficus religiosa) and it is
not repponding well to its new environment (my living room).

I know that this tree is a warm climate plant requiring alot of
light (not very much in my house) and sensitive to trauma.  In the
past month about 20% of the leaves have fallen out and I am
considering buying a grow lamp to hang over the plant in my living
room.

Is this an appropriate/effective move? If so, can anyone recommend a
specific type of lamp/bulb, or if not, any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give

Paul Hackett
pgh2z at virginia.edu