Experiment with "Lime Away" & Hydrogen Peroxide

c.d. "skee" stewart cstewart at southeast.net
Tue Sep 24 21:10:46 EST 1996

On 21 Sep 1996 23:33:54 GMT, "sung" <sung96 at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

±Can someone tell me what would happen to the properties of water if either
±hydrogen peroxide or lime away (yes the type at the grocery store that is
±used to eliminate lime deposit and clean bathroom stains) is poured into
±water?  The reason I ask, I'm looking for a way to do one of several
±things; Oxygenate water, acidify water, eliminate lime deposits around
±plant pots while not harming acid loving plants.  As a matter of note, I
±grow carniorous plants which love an acid low mineral deposit soil and the
±local water is filled with minerals and is quite basic. I'm looking to
±change the water properties at a low cost.  Please let me know if you have
±ideas.
±
±Thx
±
±Giff

A few years ago I bought a product that "oxygenated water and made soil
hold water longer". It was to be used for house plants. I thought that it
was reasonably priced until I read the fine print: it was water and 1%
hydrogen peroxide. I cannot recall the name of the product, but it was
available in all garden shops.

Skee
---
"The wise speak because they have something to say.
 Fools speak because they have to say something." PLATO