Experiment with "Lime Away" & Hydrogen Peroxide

c.d. "skee" stewart cstewart at southeast.net
Tue Sep 24 21:10:46 EST 1996

On 21 Sep 1996 23:33:54 GMT, "sung" <sung96 at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

±Can someone tell me what would happen to the properties of water if either
±hydrogen peroxide or lime away (yes the type at the grocery store that is
±used to eliminate lime deposit and clean bathroom stains) is poured into
±water?  The reason I ask, I'm looking for a way to do one of several
±things; Oxygenate water, acidify water, eliminate lime deposits around
±plant pots while not harming acid loving plants.  As a matter of note, I
±grow carniorous plants which love an acid low mineral deposit soil and the
±local water is filled with minerals and is quite basic. I'm looking to
±change the water properties at a low cost.  Please let me know if you have

A few years ago I bought a product that "oxygenated water and made soil
hold water longer". It was to be used for house plants. I thought that it
was reasonably priced until I read the fine print: it was water and 1%
hydrogen peroxide. I cannot recall the name of the product, but it was
available in all garden shops.

"The wise speak because they have something to say.
 Fools speak because they have to say something." PLATO