Houseplants dying

Woody of Warp woody at warp9.com
Wed Apr 2 01:51:25 EST 1997

Is the light quality different in the new house?

Years ago I lived in an apartment with some fantastic windows pointed
in all the right directions. Ferns and philodendrons so thick you
couldn't see the pots. I moved to a house that had windows in all the
wrong places and my entire jungle died. Now I live in a house with
lots of great light and I have a jungle again. Still, just moving a
plant from one room to another seems to be enough to kill it or send
it into shock. Sometimes it is nothing more than a change in the
amount light they get or the time of day they are used to getting it.