Illegally imported plants

Mark & Victoria animaux at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 14 09:24:41 EST 1997

In <19970413154900.LAA21531 at ladder01.news.aol.com> brateaver at aol.com
writes:

>People are stealing Madagascar plants and animals. Against intl law
>B. Rateaver

This is disturbing at best.  Arent plants native to Madagascar such,
that they cannot survive elsewhere?  Or if they do survive will greatly
change or adapt to other conditions, thus, changing the configuration
of the plants nature?  When is enough, enough?  This may be
philosophical, but the direction of mankind is really starting to scare
me on a level I don't understand.  I may be obsessive, and this may be
the wrong place to get into this, but really folks, when is enough,
enough.  Will it be enough when the conventional farmers can produce
three hundred tomatoes on one plant?  Even though you would have to eat
all 300 in order to get any nutritive value out of it?  When is enough,
enough?  When every frontier forest is clear cut, every microbe is
slaughtered, every eco-system is replaced with lunar suits?  When is
enough, enough?  This is not religion folks, it is ecology.  Religion
is another matter.

Victoria