Exerpt from: Secrets of the Soil (wonderful book!)

Stephen Chalmers schalm02 at postoffice.csu.edu.au
Thu Apr 24 05:01:42 EST 1997

A long time ago, in a galaxy frighteningly close to this
one, brownBI at OA.PTLOMA.EDU (David Brown) wrote:

>Victoria,
>        My better judgement tells me to stay out of this debate but I am
>unable to resist the temptation. Do you use antibiotics, antiseptics,
>disinfectants, first aid solutions, deoderant soap, lysol, ant bait, slug
>bait, etc...?

I share your sentiment about joining the debate. However
:-), it is obvious to me that the correct approach lies
somewhere between the two camps. There is a place for
chemicals as well as natural additives etc.

The hard part is getting the balance right. I particularly
liked the red herring about the facultative and obligate
anaerobes. And I thought I was a pedantic bastard!

Always remember: the sun will come up in the morning ;-)

Stephen Chalmers        |"Bother!" said Pooh as he realised
Lavington NSW           |that his leg cutter had failed to
Australia                     |lure the cunning Piglet into a
chuckc at albury.net.au         |false stroke.
schalm02 at postoffice.csu.edu.au
http://albury.net.au/~chuckc