Harold Olivier orchids at
Fri Apr 25 10:52:12 EST 1997

On 24 Apr 1997 15:56:06 GMT, mpfennin at (Michael
Pfenning) wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can obtain milkweed seeds/plants commercially
>to attract Monarch and other butterflies to my garden.

The most complete listing of asclepias seeds I've seen is from SBE
They offer seeds of these asclepias species:
	amplexicaulis (Sand Milk Weed)
	hirtella (Tall Green MW)
	incarnata (Swamp MW)
	speciosa (Showy MW)
	sullivantii (Prairie MW)
	syriaca (Common MW)
	tuberosa (Butterfly Weed)
	verticillata (Whorled MW)
	viridiflora (Short Green MW)

Brudy's Exotics ( has a section on
butterfly and hummingbird gardening and offers seed of three
	tuberosa (Butterfly Weed)
	syriacus (Common Milkweed)
	purpurascens vulgaris (White MW)

Plants of  A.incarnata (Swamp Milkweed) are available from Southern
Perennials and Herbs (

Plants of A.curassavica (Tropical Butterfly Bush) are offered by
Glasshouse Works (

Park Seed (no know Web site) offers seeds and plants of A.incarnata
'Ice Ballet' and A.tuberosa.

orchids at
Covington, LA, USA
USDA Zone 8b