Litchi (lechee) plants (trees)

DeJean Jan_Doumen at imol2.vub.ac.be
Wed Aug 6 03:01:09 EST 1997

Rodger Whitlock wrote:

# You should be able to find fresh lichees for sale this time of year.
# Just start one from the seed inside.

Are sure this will work? I just return from China and brought 5 lychee
seeds and 5 dragon eye (logan?) seeds with me. I was planning to try them
out as a bonsai room plant (it freezes too much in Belgium during the
winter period). Yesterday I was searching the web and found a page which
had a fairly extensive information sheet (reference at the bottom) which
states that the seeds are only viable for one or two days and that using
seeds is not a reliable source for producing high yield trees. Is there
anybody around who has every succesfully grown lychee trees from seeds?

Greetings,

ref: http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/lychee.html

ps: crossposted to newsgroups which might not be available at your site.
    Please leave these in followups since your posting will reach them if
    at least one of the groups is available.

--
DeJean                                             http://ultr.vub.ac.be/~jan
   If you know _all_ of the following keywords, please contact me, you are