jade plants

T&T Monroe monroe at gte.net
Fri Aug 15 13:17:53 EST 1997

Michlaine2 wrote:

> Can anyonbody help me with an answer to why and what causes jade plant
> sickness? I had white spots all over my beautiful jade that have now
> turned black! What am i doing wrong? Help!
It sounds to me as if the jade plant has mealy bugs.  You can get rid of
them by using rubbing alcohol on the plant.  If it is not mealy bugs it
might be a fungus due to overwatering. If the plant is completely gone
you can take the good parts off and re-root them which is easy to do by
just sticking the cuttings in soil.  Do not overwater.  I hope this
helps some.
Teresa