help, I'm killing my ficus....

thomas merchant at
Thu Aug 21 10:26:58 EST 1997

On 21 Aug 1997 02:45:33 GMT, dtwitty at (DTwitty) wrote:

>Sorry if this isn't the forum, but I'm looking for suggestions on how NOT
>to kill a ficus tree I just purchased.  Symptom:  The leaves are turning
>yellow around the bottom and falling off.  What am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing, other than buying and moving it. Ficus trees are
notorius about dropping leaves after being moved. If you are following
normal care (moderate light, minimal direct sun; don't overwater, let
soil dryout to 1/2 to 1 inch depth between waterings (of course,
depending upon size)) about the only thing you can do is wait it out.
And, if possible, avoid moving the tree around. Others can probably
give better care directions, but just realized that this is normal for