Algerian Ivy

Fri Aug 29 14:29:16 EST 1997

At 10:50 AM -0400 8/29/97, Thomas Moore wrote:
>I have an Algerial Ivy and the white portions of the leave are not very
>bright.  Is there and thing (e.g. fertilizer) that will brighten them up.

Variegated leaves frequently have a "best" time
of year to show their variegation.  In many
kinds, they "green up" during the brightest
periods of summer.  The white or yellow zones
show best in these in spring and maybe again
in autumn.

The best way to keep variegated plants variegated
year-round, is to place them so that they get
enough shade to avoid the greening-up process.

But some species will "green" no matter where
you put them.

I don't know about the particular variety you have,
but these are just some general observations on
variegated plants that might help.

ross

Ross Koning                 | koning at ecsu.ctstateu.edu
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479