Hibiscus genetics

Bruce Ritchings britchings at ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 19 06:58:28 EST 1997

Hello plant lovers,
	Does anyone out there know if there is any standard reference for the
genetics of the tropical plant Hibiscus? I've asked several growers who do
crosses, and gotten advice such as "this cultivar can be crossed to this one
but not that one", which is useful, but hardly systematic. Primarily, I'd like
to know if there is any self-incompatibility in Hibiscus (either gametophytic
or sporophytic), but any reference on Hibiscus genetics would be useful.
Thanks in advance, Bruce Ritchings, UC San Diego