Market Size of Horticultural Crops

Ifsin ifsin at aol.com
Mon Feb 3 02:55:40 EST 1997

,,,,<<<<<<<

From: taguebw at wfu.edu
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:36:54 -0500

Greetings,

Could anyone direct me to a source for information on the national
and/or international size of markets for (relatively) obscure plants?
Not major commodities like wheat, rice, corn, barley, etc but more
along the lines of bedding plants, annuals, herbs and seeds.

Does there exist, for example, a listing of the amount of money spent
on/the market size of (picking a random example) Lobularia maritima
(sweet alyssum)?

Any on-line or library resources would be most appreciated. My
agricultural economics (economic agriculture?) is poor so any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks
Just a little ol' plant molecular biologist,

Brian W. Tague
Department of Biology
Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem NC 27109
taguebw at wfu.edu>>>

"Grower Talks" is a trade gernal for the growers of floriculture beding
plants and greenhouse operations

genral offices : P.O box 9, 335 N river ST. Batavia IL 60510-0009 U.S.A.
Tel 708-208-9080
fax 708-208-9350

E-mail GrowerTalk at Aol.com

the last issue had some very good stats on the break down on what was
spent on  cut flowers and annauls and perennilas and potting plants.