Q: X-gluc sensitivity?

Colin MacDiarmid macdiarm at sbsu1.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Feb 9 19:20:02 EST 1997

Hello,
      I'm looking for information on the sensitivity of histochemical
staining for GUS ( beta-glucuronidase) activity using the substrate
X-gluc. I've been staining transgenic Arabidopsis tissue, primarily whole
leaves and floral meristems. The transgenic plants contain a translational
fusion of GUS and a putative promoter fragment.  This promoter drives
expression that is readily detectable by Northern analysis- should I be
able to detect GUS expression from this promoter using X-gluc?

Thankyou in advance for helping me with this query.

Fern Ashton. (Graduate student)

E-mail: f.ashton at auckland.ac.nz