Enzymes: Catalyse

Charlotte Anglim anglim at zetnet.co.uk
Sun Feb 9 19:12:05 EST 1997

I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup to start this
discussion in, but here it goes. I am currently an A-level student in England.

I study biology at school and I had some serious coursework to do(it
was a practical investigation).

Anyway, it was about the enzyme catalyse. It is found in living
organisims as it breaks down hydrogen peroxide which is a product of
metabolism. (Hydrogen peroxide is a toxic chemical). Catalyse breaks
it down to water and oxygen.

My problem is this. My experiment did not work properly (because we
only had a small amount of time). I had a bean sprout and I had to
find out which section contained the most catalyse and give ratios
for the parts of the plant that contained catalyse (the 4 sections
are: radicle, hypocotyl, cotyledon, pumule).

If anyone could solve my problem, could you please reply to the
newsgroup or send me a direct E Mail

Thank you.