aflp kit

Jimmy jloh at cyberway.com.sg
Sun Feb 16 05:18:14 EST 1997

Hi! I'm a research student about to start doing AFLP on some tropical plant
species. Currently there are two kits available on the market. The
Perkin-Elmer plant mapping kit and the GIBCO Life technologies AFLP plant
mapping kit. I do not have access to a fluorescent gentic analyser or
sequencer which limits my choice to , it seems, the GIBCO one. My question
is, has anyone here had experiences with the GIBCO kit? Is it good? Any
problems encountered? Any comments would be helpful and greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Jimmy Loh