Insects killing Ficus tree????

emailaddress at bottomofpage.net emailaddress at bottomofpage.net
Tue Feb 18 11:03:31 EST 1997

We have a ficus tree (I *think* it's a ficus tree - its leaves are about 1¼
wide by 3" long) in the house, it's about 6'6" high and we've had it for about
a year.

Some branches are dying off and along those branches there's little (1/16 -
1/8 inch) hemispherical brown things stuck to the branches.  I can't see any
insects on the tree but I assume that it's being killed by an infestation.

Does anyone know what it is and what I should do?

Any advice gratefully received.

Tony Brower                             tonyb at interport.net