non-radioactive labeling

Frank Maiwald maiwald at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Feb 28 10:16:12 EST 1997

Hi, all,

I want to screen a barley cDNA / genomic library (in lambda phages) for

differential gene expression using a subtracted cDNA probe. I would like

to label it non-radioactively using PCR. Can anybody give me hints on

which system to use, e.g. DIG, biotin, fluorescein? Which detection

method would you recommend (colorimetric, light emission)? Would you

recommend a non-radioactive approach at all or rather use isotope

labeling?

I appreciate any (subject related) comment.

Thanks in advance,

						Frank

p.s. Please answer preferably by email.