mycorrhizae tolerance to fertilizer

Eric Grunden egrunden at prairienet.org
Wed Jan 1 20:14:38 EST 1997

In a previous article, don at bio-organics.com () says:

>So far, we are certain that our inoculant has a dramatic effect on
>desert sands that are being converted into crop lands.

			*******

Don,

Last year I read a very short article about a new substance that
has been developed called Biogel that was devised to halt the
movement of shifting sand dunes. Supposedly the gel holds the
sand in place AND allows plants to grow. The article made sure
to mention that even mycorrhizal associations were observed
forming in the gel/sand mix. Perhaps the makers of Biogel could
mix some of your innoculant right into the gel to speed up the
process. I wish I could remember more of the details. I can't
remember the publication or the name of the company. Maybe a
web search of "Biogel" or "sand dunes", etc. might turn up
something for you. Good luck....