**WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE FLU!!**

Lisa Hayes, Herbalist Extraorindaire infinitea at olywa.net
Fri Jan 3 14:32:25 EST 1997

Stefano Cirolini <cirolini at sodalia.it> wrote:

>Lisa Hayes, Herbalist Extraorindaire wrote:
>>
>> This year is shaping up to be one of the worst flu seasons in history.
>[...]
>> So what to do about the flu?  First of all, there are some common
>> sense steps we can take to avoid getting the virus in the first place.
>>
>> #1.  During cold and flu season increase your intake of vitamine C to
>>        at least 3000 mg. daily.
>>
>>        One of the most potent sorces of natural vitamine C are rose
>>        hips.   Rose hip tea sweetened with a bit of honey is actually
>>        quite pleasing to the taste and is very effective in helping to
>>        fight of viruses.
>>

>I always thought that vitamine C is destroyed by temperatures as
>high as that of the boiling water used to make tea.

>--
>     Stefano Cirolini       | >>  MELINDA MIGLIORA LE MELE  <<
>cirolini at sodalia.sodalia.it | (le buone mele della Val di Non)
>.

.When working with fresh or dried herbs never use boiling water for
making tea.
Always let the herbs steep in very hot water for at least 20 minutes.
The only types of herbs that will retain any medicinal properties in
boiling water are root herbs.

Lisa Hayes		888-956-4TEA
Infinitea at aol.com	http://www.webelegance.com/infinitea