best nutritional vegitables?

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Jan 7 17:45:05 EST 1997

In article <19970106084200.DAA22248 at ladder01.news.aol.com>,
 <brateaver at aol.com> wrote:
>Yes, lysine is an important amino acid and one not easy to find, but still
>no legume can be a total food source, as rice is.

While I've read that 1600 calories per day of brown rice will provide
all the complete protein a person needs, I'm dubious that it is a
complete total food source.  I know brown rice is very high in B vitamins,
but how about vitamin C?  Can it provide enough calcium for children or
nursing mothers, or iron for children and women of childbearing age?