Need help teaching 2nd graders

spud at mail.dmv.com spud at mail.dmv.com
Sun Jan 12 15:38:43 EST 1997

I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup or not, but it seems
pretty close, so here goes:

I'm going to be teaching a 2nd grade class about roots. I'll be
explaining xylem and phloem and what roots are and how they're used.

Can anyone suggest any experiments or anything like that, which will
illustrate how they're used, and what they're importance is. I know
about dipping celery into water that has food coloring in it, and the
water will seep up through the roots. If anyone knows of any
activities like that, then please let me know.

			thanks,
			spud at mail.dmv.com