Planting pine trees [northern lower Mivhigan]

dwr at nornet.on.ca dwr at nornet.on.ca
Sat Jan 11 10:17:52 EST 1997

tpointe1 at aol.com (TPOINTE1) wrote:

>Would like to know what type of pine trees to plant [hardiest] on a parcel
>of ground in Gaylord, Michigan.The choices are Red pine,White pine,Scotch
>pine,Blue spruce, White spruce,Norway spruce,& Douglas fir.Any information
>would greatley be appreciated.

>Thank you, Thomas Pointe

>Please e-mail me at  TPOINTE1 at AOL.COM

All of the above will work well.  I live in southern Ontario (Port
Dover), your neighbour and plant all of them in my area.  They are
supplied from the Ministry on Natural Resources and are all grown from
local seed.

For planting, all we do is make a hole and plunk a tree in, then
refill the hole.  This is of course for reforestation of remote areas.
Some people will disk fields and them plant them rows for future
forestry products.

Good luck with your planting.

DAve  (Think small, grow a bonsai)

Zone 6B, Southern Ontario, Canada