What is the differnce between...

Alfred Falk falk at arc.ab.ca.nospam
Wed Jan 15 15:08:00 EST 1997

In article <1997Jan14.195432.2682 at gems.vcu.edu>, oogurun at gems.vcu.edu wrote:
>Will somebody please tell me difference between :
>        _bay leaves
>        _basil leaves
>        _mint
>        _peppermint ?

What's the same?  They are all aromatic leaves of different species of plants.
Okay... "mint" is somewhat generic and covers several species of the same
genus, mentha: mostly peppermint and spearmint.  Basil belongs to the same
family, Labiatiae.  Offhand, I don't know what family Bay/Laurel belongs to.

Alfred Falk                       falk at arc.ab.ca              A L B E R T A
Information Systems Dept          (403) 450-5185            R E S E A R C H
Box 8330, Station F                                           C O U N C I L
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6H 5X2
http://saturn.arc.ab.ca/~falk/                     http://www.arc.ab.ca/

"Some people crave baseball ... I find this unfathomable, but I can
easily understand why a person could get excited about playing the
bassoon."
                                                    - Frank Zappa