Addresses for plant biology databases ?

Kay Lancaster kay at hub.fern.com
Fri Jan 17 17:41:26 EST 1997

In article <Philippe.Heizmann-170197105524 at mac-rcap-020ph.ens-lyon.fr>, Philippe Heizmann wrote:
>Does anyone know a good address for litterature references in plant biology
>?
>Medline is very poor in this field of research and I would appreciate to
>have a better source of information.

USDA's National Agricultural Library has their catalog and (?part? ?most?)
of the AGRICOLA journal references available through ISIS, their on-line
service.  Free, too, though search times are somewhat restricted... I'm
always wanting to search at some time like 2 am Sunday, when they're down
for maintenance.  ;-)

I don't have the URL handy, but if you point a web searcher like AltaVista
to USDA near NAL near ISIS, you'll find the page that gets you access.

Also take a look at some of the other USDA databases, including one
on ethnobotany, another on the plant introduction station germplasm
(GRIN), and supporting taxonomy sources for GRIN, a phytochemical
database, etc.

Kay Lancaster    kay at fern.com