DIY HYDROPONIC system-please critique at will

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. raiar at inlink.com
Sat Jan 18 12:10:25 EST 1997

de310 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Michael Roberts) wrote:

Hi Mike

I read this yesterday and found it to be a little off and didn't
reply.

After I thought about it, I might suggest you pick up a few books and
study them.

Your description defines something much more complicated than
necessary.  Your instructions don't hold water and you are making a
system that is overly labor intensive and subject to problems.

Organic growing media does not belong in a hydoponic system, except in
rare financial circumstances usually only found in third-world
countries.  Organic nutrients are a plus however.

A system similar to the one you describe can be built without most of
the equipment you list.  The reservoir can be the support or 1/2 the
support and legs at the other end.  The overflow and drain (same pipe)
drains directly into the reservoir underneath.

There are literally tons of flood & drain system designs and methods
of implementation.  Some quite unique!

TTUL
Gary