Indoor "ficus" plants: Help!

Christoph Metelmann chandvel at
Fri Jan 24 14:22:29 EST 1997

In message 24 Jan 1997 01:16:38 GMT,
  "Houston Giles" <houst at>  writes:

> We have killed our last couple of "ficus" trees.  Does anyone know how to
> take care of them?  We don't do anything but water them about every three
> days.  Help!  Our new one looks as if its dying!

For one thing you are watering too much.  Let the soil dry out or once a week
in the winter time, more often in the summer.

The plant likes it to be warm 17 C in winter minimum, up to 30 C in summer.

Shady places, no full sunlight.

Keep away from warm or cold draft - away from radiators and possibly open

This is enough for a starter.