fiddle leaf fig

Kevin Youngberg kyoungbe at utah.uswest.net
Fri Jan 24 01:01:35 EST 1997

TXS GAL 2 wrote:

> i have a very tall fiddle leaf fig plant that i would like to cut off and
> root the part that i cut off....i have tried this before and it didnt
> work...any help would be appreciated..thanks!

I'm in a propagation class now and have tried fig as an experiment.  We
used a juvenile shoot, cut off much of the leaf (leaving teo small ones)
and gave it a dip in Rootone rooting hormone (just the cut on the bottom
of the stem, none was placed on the stem).  We set it in a flat of
vermiculite with 75 degree bottom heat, twelve hours of light and misters
set for 75 percent humidity.  The prof seems to think that this set-up
will get me a fig plant.  I'll let you know.