Looking for a cooperation to escape french army service

Pascale Jacquot Pascale.Jacquot at scinfo.u-nancy.fr
Tue Jan 28 08:39:52 EST 1997

   I'm a French PhD student in tree physiology (2 year), working at the
university of Nancy.  I have to do my army service at the end of the year
1997; One possibility is offered  for young french people to work in
laboratories of foreign public institutions or universities instead of
being a "GI" : It's the CSN (National Service Cooperant) scientist
position.

   I'm looking for a lab involved in the biochemistry and molecular
biology of plants, which would be interested by welcoming a french man to
do some research job.

   The host institution have to pay a salary which is fixed by the french
foreign affairs institution, and also the trip from france to the foreign
country. The service is 16 months long.

   I'm working on the effect of environemtal stresses (ozone and salt
stress) on the carbon fixation in trees (pinus halepensis).
Scientifics abilities and techniques

Spectrophotometric : Assays of enzyme activities (carbon metabolism
enzymes, detoxifying enzymes), assays of proteins, of pigments.

Purification : Isolation and purification of chloroplasts (sucrose
gradient), extraction and purification of rubisco.

Electrophoresis : Non denaturing (PAGE) and denaturing (SDS-PAGE)
electrophoresis. Notions in 2D-PAGE.

Western Blot : Chimiluminescent and colorimetric detection.

Molecular biology : Coniferous RNA extraction, Northern blot.

If you are interested by building a project with me,

If you have funds for 16 months, begining in december 1997,

If you start a research program, with no one to work on it during the year
1997 and 1998

if you know someone who might be interested

Then,

Write to me, I'll send you my CV. Thanks

pelloux at scbiol.u-nancy.fr
Jerome PELLOUX
Lab. Biologie Forestiere. Faculte des sciences. BP 239. 54506 Vandoeuvre